Club News & Announcements
Elite Classic 9th Annual Skeet Event
9th Annual Elite Classic Skeet Event on June 16th – 18th at Shenecoy Sportsmen Club, in Huntingdon Pa.
Over $12,000 in Added Money, Doubles & 12 Ga. on Friday, 20 Ga. & 28 Saturday and .410 Bore on Sunday.
Register online at Myskeet.com
NEW TRAINING VIDEOS ON TDSC WEBSITE
On the home page of our new website (mytdsc.org) under the “Training” heading, there is
a Members-Only Training Portal with the following eleven (11) training videos:
- TDSC Orientation Video
- How To Use Safety Light System (Rifle & Pistol)
- How To Purchase Birds
- How To Open & Close Skeet
- How To Use Target Card Reader for Skeet
- How To Open & Close Trap
- How To Use Trap Microphone System
- How To Use Target Card Reader for Trap
- How To Use Trap & Skeet Fields Simultaneously
- How To Use Target Card Reader for Sporting Clays
- How To Use 5-Stand Controller
As a reminder, please remember, you must be on the Approved Operator’s List to
open/close skeet, trap or 5-stand on your own.
- If you are approved to open/close skeet, trap, or 5-stand, you must take
responsibility to be sure all shooters in attendance are adhering to the general safety
rules of the club – and if not, it is your responsibility to advise them accordingly.
- If you are approved to open/close skeet, trap, or 5-stand, and you are shooting with a
group – do not leave unless another approved member is available to close. If you
must leave and there are no other members present approved to close, you must end
the shooting session.
- Any shooter posing a danger to others will be subject to removal from club grounds
with all privileges revoked.
Patterning Board Usage
The shotgun patterning board is located near the Elite Field skeet low house. Generally,
shotguns for clay target shooting are patterned at a distance of approximately 15 yards. There
are limitations for the use of this board. These limitations include:
- Only use “low brass” type ammo
- No shot size larger than # 7 ½
- Lead shot only
All other shotgun ammo such as TSS (Tungsten Super Shot), steel, and bismuth may be
patterned at the rifle range with no limitation on shot size.
Steel Grease Pattern Board Installed
We have installed a new steel grease pattern board near the trap fields. Please only use 7.5 lead shot and smaller at the board. No steel shot, slugs, or anything larger than 7.5. After use, take the brush (attached behind the board) and smooth out the grease to leave it ready for the next member. If you have any questions, please contact Bob Waite.
Help Wanted for Home Skeet Shoots
We need help when we have a home shoot! Please volunteer to pull, keep score, fill machines, etc. during home shoots. Please contact Marie Trilli to volunteer at email@example.com.
Reliable Trapper Wanted
We are looking for a reliable trapper for Saturdays and Sundays to pull for our members. Our members are known to tip their trapper very well. 5 stand opens at 10am on Saturdays and Sundays. If interested, please contact Josh Crofutt at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for volunteers to help set up and organize an internal TDSC Trap league or TDSC scheduled regular trap shoots. We would also like to explore holding ATA registered events at our Club and are reaching out to our members for someone to help explore this initiative. If you are interested, please contact Josh Crofutt.
Special Notice Regarding Club Hours
The Club has changes its hours to 10am til 9pm, 7 days per week.*
* Closed Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.
ALL EARLY STARTS MUST BE APPROVED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
TDSC Safety Light System
THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED FOR THE CONTEMPORANEOUS AND SAFE USE OF THE RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGES.
- RED: Cease Fire/Make Firing Line Safe.
- YELLOW: Acknowledge awareness of the Red light.
- GREEN: Range is safe to commence Firing.
If you are the only shooter at either the Indoor/Outdoor Pistol Range or Rifle Range:
- Turn on the Red Light when proceeding down range to hang a target.
- When returning to the firing line, turn the Red light to Green when ready to commence firing.
If there are shooters using both the Indoor/Outdoor Pistol Range and Rifle Range at the same time, the following procedures MUST be followed:
- The first shooter to arrive at the range must use the Red and Green lights as indicated above.
- When a subsequent shooter arrives at the range not being used, they must exercise caution and be aware of the safety light system.
- When either shooter wishes to go down range, they must illuminate the Red light.
- The shooter at the other range must illuminate the Yellow light to acknowledge awareness of the Red light.
- The shooter who illuminated the Red light can now, safely proceed down range.
- Upon returning to the firing line, the Red light must be turned off and the Green light illuminated.
- When the shooter at the other range is aware that the Red light is off and the Green light is illuminated, their Yellow light must be turned off.
- At this point, both Green lights should be illuminated, and firing may safely commence.
ANY MEMBER OR GUEST NOT USING THE SAFETY LIGHT SYSTEM OR ACTING IN AN UNSAFE MANOR, SHALL BE SUBJECT TO DISIPLINARY ACTION.