THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED FOR THE CONTEMPORANEOUS AND SAFE USE OF THE RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGES.
- RED: Cease Fire/Make Firing Line Safe.
- YELLOW: Acknowledge awareness of the Red light.
- GREEN: Range is safe to commence Firing.
If you are the only shooter at either the Indoor/Outdoor Pistol Range or Rifle Range:
- Turn on the Red Light when proceeding down range to hang a target.
- When returning to the firing line, turn the Red light to Green when ready to commence firing.
If there are shooters using both the Indoor/Outdoor Pistol Range and Rifle Range at the same time, the following procedures MUST be followed:
- The first shooter to arrive at the range must use the Red and Green lights as indicated above.
- When a subsequent shooter arrives at the range not being used, they must exercise caution and be aware of the safety light system.
- When either shooter wishes to go down range, they must illuminate the Red light.
- The shooter at the other range must illuminate the Yellow light to acknowledge awareness of the Red light.
- The shooter who illuminated the Red light can now, safely proceed down range.
- Upon returning to the firing line, the Red light must be turned off and the Green light illuminated.
- When the shooter at the other range is aware that the Red light is off and the Green light is illuminated, their Yellow light must be turned off.
- At this point, both Green lights should be illuminated, and firing may safely commence.
ANY MEMBER OR GUEST NOT USING THE SAFETY LIGHT SYSTEM OR ACTING IN AN UNSAFE MANOR, SHALL BE SUBJECT TO DISIPLINARY ACTION.