Safety, Etiquette and Maintenance
IT IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY TO REPORT ANY UNSAFE SHOOTING CONDITION OR UNSAFE PERSON TO CLUB MANAGEMENT
GUN SAFETY RULES
✓ ALWAYS KEEP THE GUN POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION. PRESUME IT IS LOADED o This is the primary rule of gun safety. Common sense dictates the safest direction depending on circumstances.
✓ ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO SHOOT
- When holding a gun rest your finger alongside the frame and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
✓ ALWAYS KEEP THE GUN UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE
- Get help if you do not know or cannot open and inspect the action.
✓ WHEN USING A GUN FOLLOW THESE ADDITIONAL RULES
- Know your target and what is beyond
- Know how to use your gun safely
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate
- Wear eye and ear protection
- Never use alcohol, over-the-counter drugs or prescription drugs while shooting
- Use only the correct ammunition and gauge for you gun
- Load your gun only when it is your turn.
- Sporting and 5 Stand: Load with muzzle over the front rail.
- Skeet Trap: Load only when it is your turn
- Fully automatic firearms are prohibited.
- Always remove magazines and open pistol or rifle actions before proceeding down range. Use a safety flag in all open chambers.
✓ Only use 71/2, 8, or 9 shot for all clays shooting.
✓ Only load a maximum of 2 shells for all clays shooting.
✓ Paper targets only shall be used for pistol and rifle
✓ You must be approved by club personnel to open and close skeet, trap, or 5-stand. If you open these venues, then YOU ALONE must close them
✓ You must clean up and dispose of empty hulls, brass, steel casings or paper targets/debris when your shooting session is finished.
✓ Reload and amply restock skeet and trap machines after shooting.
✓ Discard all shell boxes and target boxes in the burn bin on the south side of the Elite skeet field. Burn when full.
Any shooter posing a danger to others or willfully violating etiquette of maintenance rules will be subject to removal from club grounds with all privileges revoked.
Members are fully responsible for invited guests.
Guests must sign a waiver upon arrival. Waivers are located at the clubhouse front desk.